what do you charge?

OK, and how long did it take you to train to teach?

I started teaching after 5 years at the university but strictly speaking there is no training that would teach you how to teach (speaking about higher education here, not schools). It requires a lot of studying though but usually you do it yourself. Often you are on your own dealing with complicated tasks. I would say that the university gave me good foundations but 90% of the things I need to know to do my job came by self-learning. So it is one big constant retraining but that is what makes it interesting. :D

Here, I hope it's not English you teach........... :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Here, I hope it's not English you teach........... :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: Sorry about my English, it was late and I was tired. No, I teach computer programming and other computer science related subjects. And I am not a native speaker

when i work in the colleges i get paid an hourly rate for hrs in class, a 31% add on for prep time, then on top of that i get 45% of that put aside for holiday pay, so it works out for every hr in class i get 1.88hrs money, so if i do 32hrs class time a week (thats a full wee haha) i get 60hrs money

Sponsored Links
Many M&E Companies work on the JIB rate for the relevent fitter or trade, Multiplied by 150% for overheads ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back