Should I Charge For This?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used to work with a guy who ran his own plumbing business, we done a job once in someones house fitting a shower, basin and a bath in the bathroom, then a toilet in the next little cubicle room. A new boiler, some new radiators, and replacing some old leaky pipework that stuck out.

This fella has been on to the guy I worked for saying there is 2 leaks, one from the toilet soil connection, and one underneath the shower tray.

So he phoned me asking if I could go and sort it because he no longer does plumbing anymore and has gone on with his work as a fitter.

Now I'm guessing the soil connection needs pushing on a bit more maybe with a bit of sealant, and the leak under the shower tray is the shower waste, which agen just needs tightening and maybe sealing.

Should I charge for doing these? The guy is expecting them done for free because we put them in. It has been over a year since we done the installation.

He's a really nice fella so I don't want to be a w*nker with him or anything, just don't know wether or what to charge as I'm not an experienced plumber or anything, just trying to get going with my own van and tools.

Sponsored Links
I would say, as its a year ago he should probably pay for it, but as your starting out a bit of word of mouth good praise will do you a lot of favors. just charge him parts....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back