How much would you charge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been asked to paint the woodwork in a 5 storey Victorian house.
Doors = 7
Door frames = 13
Skirting = 59 m sq
Dado = 5 m sq
Ledge = 4 m sq
Price would be inclusive of :
Rubbing down
Masking up
Door furniture
Primer
Undercoat
Gloss
Would be interested in opinions on quotes in UK

Sponsored Links
I think your quotes should be base on your expertise. And how long would it take for you to finish the job. Offer your highest deal then, I'm sure they will ask for some discounts.

I have been asked to paint the woodwork in a 5 storey Victorian house.
Doors = 7 =£25 per side= £175
Door frames = 13= £10 per side = £130
Skirting = 59 m sq = £5 per m sq = £295
Dado = 5 m sq = £5 per m sq = £25
Ledge = 4 m sq = £5 per m sq = £20
Total £645
Price would be inclusive of :
Rubbing down
Masking up
Door furniture
Primer
Undercoat
Gloss
Would be interested in opinions on quotes in UK

That sounds way too cheap but I haven't seen the job and have no idea what quality of finish you are aiming for.

Is the house furnished, does it have carpet, are the walls papered, will the woodwork be the same colour, what state is the woodwork in?

Sponsored Links
Think you need a new calculator:

Doors = 7 Doors = 7 =£25 per side= £175 >> 7 x 2 x £25 = £350.
Door frames = 13= £10 per side = £130 >> 13 x 2 x £10 = £260.

I wouldn't say that was too far out of the question for a straight sand undercoat and paint. But if its a case of trying to posh it up filling chips and dents etc and getting it back good then that's another story all together and very much depends upon the condition now and the quality of the desired finish.
I recently did a complete renovation of our house and after trying to sort one door, one lining and both sets of arch, back to a pristine finish. Decided it was easier to get the rest of the doors stripped and replaced the linings and archs. I am a chippy mind

Indeed, it is often cheaper to have architraves re-milled and painted than to try to repair them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back