How not to run your cables !!!!

Ye ye, your both right, and I'm talking nonsense. Funny enough though BAS decided to take what I said and repeat it!.

BTW when I need lessons or advice in etiquette I'll ask, and it wont be from you.

Bazdaa

Sponsored Links
Bazdaa said:
Seems to me that your just confirming or repeating what I'm saying.
Err - no, I'm confirming and repeating what you've already been told.

Before I leave, I just thought I'd show you this, as there is a Part P course http://www.buildertrainingcentre.co.uk/courses/part.htm
So let me see if I've got this straight.

1) You come asking about "renewing your Part P qualification".

2) The first response tells you that there is no such thing as a 'Part P qualification'.

3) You argue, and as proof post the link to that buildertrainingcentre.co.uk page.

4) I point out that no matter what that website says, there is no qualification called Part P

5) After to-ing and fro-ing about what you really wanted to know, the penny did seem to drop when you said "I thought Part P was some type of domestic certification!"

6) I checked that you now understood what it was all about by asking "do you now know what Part P is, and do you now understand the process of registering with a self-certification scheme organiser?"

7) And you said "Yes thanks, I managed to find out all the info in the end"

8) A new poster joined in saying that he'd paid £2K for a course having been told that "it would allow me to carry out the rewire and self certify legally and without problem.", but that sadly "This is as we now know not quite the whole truth. ".

9) You said you were planning the same thing, and asked "Is this not the whole truth then? Will I not be able to cert my own testings and installations? ", which kind of shows what you said at #7 to be b*ll*cks.

10) I pointed out that as well as qualifications you needed to join a scheme, buy test equipment and copies of various regulations and have insurance. I also gave you the links to the pages of membership requirements for NAPIT, ECA, NICEIC, BSI & ELECSA and said that if you didn't join one you would not be able to self-certify.

11) Despite all of this, you still came back in your first thread talking about "Doing Part P at a school" and "doing the Domestic installers course (Part P)", i.e. not having taken on board what you were told twice:
dingbat said:
there is no such thing as a 'Part P qualification'.
ban-all-sheds said:
As for that training company - they may well be offering courses which lead to the award of the EAL Level 2 Certificate for Domestic Electrical Installers, but that is not called "Part P"
and clearly not having understood what membership of a self-certification scheme was all about, despite having looked at the details of 5 of them.

And now here you are, still talking as if you think that there is a qualification called "Part P", and when pulled up for it, you go back to that lame training company website as "proof" that there is.

What is the point of you asking questions if you are not going to heed the answers?

Let me try making it even clearer:
nopartpqualt.gif

I now know what I know.
Which is?

I used to think you knew what you were talking about, now I'm not so sure.
How would you know? You don't believe what anybody tells you.

I know there is no such qualification as Part P.

I also know that the Part P is a buildings reg.

Yes, I did misunderstood what Part P was on the other thread, hence posting the question! I also found out what it is (with you help).

The link I posted, was to show you that people are advertising Part P as a qualification. But I guess you did not understand anything I said!

BAS listen your right, have always been right, and will always be right! You've won, your the winner. I was toatally wrong. I will also give you the last word if you want it, cos your the greatest.

Bazdaa

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back