How on earth do I actually fit a C100 Simulated Flashing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Folks!

I am about to fit a new fibreglass roof and i've got the whole sequence down except this one piece.

I've fitted lead flashings before and understand how they go in, but I'm looking at these fibreglass replacements and i'm filled with trepidation. I'm hoping someone can put me out of my misery!

These are the badboys in question
https://www.selcobw.com/c100-simulated-lead-flashing

Naturally the wall mortar needs to be chased out as normal in order to receive the tongue. Does that folded over section really hold it in strongly enough?

What exactly are you meant to use to hold the things in place given that there isn't a traditional bung? Does that folded over section really hold it in strongly enough?

I assume the overlap is similar to standard lead (4in or so), but doesn't one section of that folded over bit get right in the way when you're trying to fit them over eachother?

I also notice that it say 'can be bonded using GRP trim adhesive' - do they mean the overlapping edges then? or do they mean shove it in underneath to bond it to the wall?

Is it old fashioned sand and cement to fill up once they're in?

I'd really appreciate any insight you guys might have on this!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
You will find it easier to overlap the flashing trims
if you cut a bit off one.
brush out the debris/dust in the chase once your happy and fill with lead mate no need for clip as the
mastic will hold it in place.
ps. if they won't stay in place before you mastic them in put a few spots of lead seal on the wall first to hold it .

Sponsored Links
Trouble with those simulated lead trims- if your chase meanders a bit (due to shonky Victorian brickwork) then they're a bit of a mare to fit. Also if your wall is anything other than dead straight then the thing will be sticking out all over the place. I spent ages faffing with one, got it as good as I could get it, stepped back & decided it looked rubbish so binned it and put lead on instead- much quicker, looked loads better & didn't cost a great deal more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back