How quick do people turn their back on you.

Sex and love in the same sentence, how does that work then :LOL:

I love having sex. Works for me.

There are two words I hate any woman to say (actully only my wife) THEY ARE...

Don't, and
Stop.

Unless...

They are said together. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I love having sex. Works for me.

There are two words I hate any woman to say (actully only my wife) THEY ARE...

Don't, and
Stop.

Unless...

They are said together.

Thats the only way she says it to me. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I found that people close to me distanced me, and far off friends came to my aid when in times of need..and those that I've helped in the past were half hearted, then forget the aid you gave them in their time of need.

So people that are close to you don't help

people that you know by saying Hi in the street help most

People that you helped before try then give up.

But when you lose your job, everyone is a friend, but when you ask for favours, they suddenly are distant.

everyone is a friend, but when you ask for favours, they suddenly are distant.

Dearest moody, may I respectfully suggest then, that you do not 'ask for favours', however, offer them something in return. I'll leave just what you can offer for you to figure, perhaps you could do a 'skills audit' and come up with your 'unique selling point'.

You may be able to teach a musical instrument, do some 'doggydaycare', dig over their allotment, whatever.

You seem to have already learnt one lesson the hardway, what chance of learning another one in a positive way?

just a few thoughts, dig deep, as other people have had to at times, inner resolve is in there I promise.

DH

Few years ago my neighbour , got done for some sex offence he eventually got 3 month's , during the time he was waiting to go on trial all of his freind's deserted him ??? I was not a freind of his hardly ever spoke to him , but he alway's used to mow my lawn , I ended up having to mow my own lawn , so I was a victim as well ??!!

everyone is a friend, but when you ask for favours, they suddenly are distant.

Dearest moody, may I respectfully suggest then, that you do not 'ask for favours', however, offer them something in return. I'll leave just what you can offer for you to figure, perhaps you could do a 'skills audit' and come up with your 'unique selling point'.

You may be able to teach a musical instrument, do some 'doggydaycare', dig over their allotment, whatever.

You seem to have already learnt one lesson the hardway, what chance of learning another one in a positive way?

just a few thoughts, dig deep, as other people have had to at times, inner resolve is in there I promise.

DH

I speak of observing other people, I ask for nothing myself, often stubbornly refusing. My core skill is repairing stuff or setting stuff up, that I do plenty and ask for nothing in return. People think nothing of ringing me up to sort this and that, but when they know I require something, strangely go quiet. I think that's called being a doormat. Please don't judge me by a post on a forum.

When I got separated from my wife last year, my best friend of over 30 years, completely distanced himself from me, haven't seen him for a year now :eek:

Had more support from people I haven't seen in years.

When I got separated from my wife last year, my best friend of over 30 years, completely distanced himself from me, haven't seen him for a year now :eek:

:eek:

Was there a reason for that? Sorry to be personal. May be embarresed over your situation, and just needs a call to hook back up?

It's just the way things are now strangers can be closer than your nearest at times, but if you don't ask for much then it's OK.Familly can be the worst offenders at times.You need patience and tonnes of it :LOL:

I think that's the diffence, Families often feel awkward, and unable to deal with the situation, because it's 'within', whereas external folk don't have that connection, so just get on with it. But strange that people come out of the woodwork to help, whereas those closeby stand down..

Those that haven't experienced this, obviously don't understand this mechanism, of 'all stand together'

Seems the opposite when someone wins the lottery, and Family get on the bandwagon, and real friends are disregarded..

But just my thoughts. Forums get ugly. Just post what you think, others are bound to disagree.

Was there a reason for that? Sorry to be personal. May be embarresed over your situation, and just needs a call to hook back up?

Nothing that I can think of, I did however have a period of time, well about 6 months, when I really didn't want to see anyone, however in that time I realised it was always me arranging to hitch up, go out for a drink etc etc, so basically if I do nothing, I'll get nothing back, so got a bit sick of it really. Not even a text to ask how it was going. Last message I got was a text saying along the lines of been v busy (must have been, for 6 months, though :!: :eek:) "will definitely hook up before Christmas", never materialised.

Hasn't asked where I live, doesn't know where my new job is. Hasn't really made any effort at all to keep in touch.

There's no real answers Eddie. He's simply not your best mate anymore. Impetus, if it was required, to get out and build some new friendships.

Sponsored Links
Back