Get rich quick schemes & scams

I never gamble although I did once get persuaded to join a group at work, doing the pools as a group. One week we had a joint win, but the collector claimed he hadn't managed to get the coupon off that week, sorry - here is your stake money back.

Were you all acquitted ?

Yeah. Bunch of lads in my local t'pub all worked at the same joinery business & the pools collector did a bunk when they won (I think) £18k each.

Laughing & joking with them in their misery I flippantly mentioned "he's run off t'seaside for a few weeks" & you could have heared a pin drop. Turns out his main hobby was sea fishing & they knew exactly what B&B in what seaside town to look for him.

Sponsored Links
Yeah. Bunch of lads in my local t'pub all worked at the same joinery business & the pools collector did a bunk when they won (I think) £18k each.

Laughing & joking with them in their misery I flippantly mentioned "he's run off t'seaside for a few weeks" & you could have heared a pin drop. Turns out his main hobby was sea fishing & they knew exactly what B&B in what seaside town to look for him.
We've had this conversation at work a few times. We have a Lotto syndicate and if the administrator forgot to put the lines on when we would have had a big win, I must admit I probably wouldn't want to talk to them for the remainder of our years working together! This feeling would increase significantly if my share would have been enough for me to retire!!

In terms of the administrator running off with the winnings, we've tried to cover ourselves by having a formal document drawn up that we've all signed. To what extent this would help in a court of law I don't know.

Sponsored Links
Back