Get Rich Quick Not

I said the RETURN of the rent officer. Back in the early 70s that is how it was - and will be again.

So your saying that a rent man determines how much rent i charge a professional couple earning in excess of £100k per annum????

I like the principle of your idea, but if you don't know what rent officers were, what a protected tenancy is and what a registered rent is, then I would recommend you do some research into the history of the market you have a million pounds invested in.

Sponsored Links
Have to agree about assured tenants or fair rents there.

I said the RETURN of the rent officer. Back in the early 70s that is how it was - and will be again.

So your saying that a rent man determines how much rent i charge a professional couple earning in excess of £100k per annum????

I like the principle of your idea, but if you don't know what rent officers were, what a protected tenancy is and what a registered rent is, then I would recommend you do some research into the history of the market you have a million pounds invested in.

We use a letting agency do the legwork, cost about £300 for a minimum of a 6month let.

Sal the principle of the idea might have been good BUT realistically could you imagine what it would be like if it got off the ground with Joe 90 on board :confused: :cry: i would probably declare myself bankrupt or insane within the week.

In the 90s i was working with another bricky that was involved in a selfbuild scheme, he told me how others that were involved turned up with guages they made up at their workplace at Aerospace to measure the beds and perps to make sure they were 10mm, this was with face bricks that had a strong resemblance to bananas.

Sponsored Links

We use a letting agency do the legwork, cost about £300 for a minimum of a 6month let.

Letting agency don't give a hoot about the Landlord or the tenant. All they looking at is the £££. Any issues and they will refer it back to the landlord or pass it on to a professional, at the landlord’s expense obviously.

Unlike Joe, I personally don't think fair rents will return, but anyone in the property business should know the history of the sector. Property is a good business in the long term, but there are risks involved. My personal approach to it is to minimise on debt.

Your idea will be perfect in an ideal world, but we don't live in an ideal world. The logistics of it will just not be feasible.

Sal the principle of the idea might have been good BUT realistically could you imagine what it would be like if it got off the ground with Joe 90 on board :confused: :cry: i would probably declare myself bankrupt or insane within the week.

lol tell me about it.

I can't see it going any other way. As benefits are capped and squeezed then the lower income groups will need protection to prevent the sector turning into squalid slums. As things stand the property sector is supported by the benefit system (mainly via tax credit), which will be radically reduced over the next few years - or even sooner if the Euro goes arse up. Rents and benefits are inextricably linked.

Put some in the bank then. WTF do you spend that lot on? Oh I get it - it's your ex missus isn't it? ;)

do you know what a take home of 80k is ? its about £3800 per month, take away, travel 500 quid rent 500 quid (very very cheap btw) 1000 quid maintenence, bills 500 quid food 200 quid car 100 .... not a lot left.

Put some in the bank then. WTF do you spend that lot on? Oh I get it - it's your ex missus isn't it? ;)

do you know what a take home of 80k is ? its about £3800 per month, take away, travel 500 quid rent 500 quid (very very cheap btw) 1000 quid maintenence, bills 500 quid food 200 quid car 100 .... not a lot left.

£500 bills for a property with a rent of £500. have you got heating in your shed?

aww.....lets have a whip round for eddiem.......

if he does his sums....he still has a grand a month spends!!!......

oy...u owe me a tenner!!!

£500 bills for a property with a rent of £500. have you got heating in your shed?

the house is unheated, council tax, water, broadband, leccy, yep about £500.

Sall, we only use the agency to find the tenants, we do the inventry and deposit, being a builder i got loads of contacts but it's mainly sparky's and gas safe as i usually got everything else covered.

the house is unheated, council tax, water, broadband, leccy, yep about £500.

They say life is hard at the top, i'll let you know if i ever get there. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Think I could get by on £3,800 a month. And thats with a mortgage! :eek:
In fact I actually do get by on half of that and still don't have to scrimp.
Think you need to do some 'streamlining' Ed. What type of car you got Ed? Big gas guzzler? You can have just as much comfort in a smaller more efficient one. £500 on travel a month? Means you are putting in over £100 a week petrol/diesel! £500 a month on food? You live on your own and are at work most days of the week aren't you? What, on average, do you spend on lunch each day? Bearing in mind you are at work during the day I can't see your leccy,broadband, council tax and water coming to 500 a month.

EddieM";p="2402006 said:
do you know what a take home of 80k is ? its about £3800 per month,/quote]

Oh yeah. I forgot you folks pay tax. You oughta get self employed. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back