Get Rich Quick Not

joe-90 said:
The rent officer decides the rent - nothing to do with benefits.

Correct! I remember controlled rents. A big problem at the time was that rogue landlords could rent a slum to somebody on benefits at whatever rent they liked, knowing that the DHSS would pick up the bill, and the (laudable) aim was to put the scum out of business.

But a side effect, which should have been foreseen, was that plenty of honest landlords found that the fixed rents didn't cover their costs so they gave up too. :( :( :(

Sponsored Links
Put some in the bank then. WTF do you spend that lot on? Oh I get it - it's your ex missus isn't it? ;)

Sponsored Links
He'll be on the dole and you'll be a bankrupt more like.

Joe :!: I've got a cunning backup plan, i shall purchase a lottery ticket :idea: i mean how hard can it be, pick 6 numbers from 49 SIMPLES i'm amazed that the Greeks haven't thought of it yet. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I heard that the return of the rent officer is on the cards, He/she goes around and tells you the amount you can rent it out for - just like in the 60s.

Rents are held artificially high by benefits - and if benefits aren't reduced - the UK goes bust.

Nothing against people claiming benefits, however i will not be renting them a house anytime soon. :LOL: :LOL: so your "rent officer" can take a hike

The rent officer decides the rent - nothing to do with benefits.

RALLOCKS! Maybe where you live but elsewhere its market forces.

I said the RETURN of the rent officer. Back in the early 70s that is how it was - and will be again.

I said the RETURN of the rent officer. Back in the early 70s that is how it was - and will be again.

So your saying that a rent man determines how much rent i charge a professional couple earning in excess of £100k per annum????

Sponsored Links
Back