Thank You GMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear SS that your lovely family evening was ruined by mindless idiots.
I thought that bangers had been banned ?
If not they are literally a lethal weapon, so they should definitely not be on sale.
You`ve never been to Lewes on the 5th. then . Rook scarers were openly sold prior to the day - to schoolkids . But that was the 60`s And I was a schoolkid :mrgreen: BUT the place wasn`t crowded like a London Tube Station with outsiders then - I don`t go there now , I`m old and scared :LOL:

You`ve never been to Lewes on the 5th. then . Rook scarers were openly sold prior to the day - to schoolkids . But that was the 60`s And I was a schoolkid :mrgreen: BUT the place wasn`t crowded like a London Tube Station with outsiders then - I don`t go there now , I`m old and scared :LOL:

Don't forget NigeF that the sixties was 51 years ago now :eek: :eek:

I`m old and scared :LOL:
Join the club :mrgreen:

It seems that idiots are idiots the country over. My wife and I decided not to take our son to the local fireworks last night as last year there was no end of trouble with neds. The police didn't do anything other than warn me an a couple of other dads "not to take the law in to our own hands". Basically little bastards (15/16 year olds) throwing bangers and actually lighting rockets in their hands and aiming them into the crowds (crowd was mostly under 10s) and we couldn't even set hands on them (even just to throw one over a hedge as a warning!)
Net result is my wee boy was desperately upset that he couldn't go but at the same time we can't risk his or our safety when such idiocy exists.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear that secure, some people are downright unpleasant.

A few years ago I took my son (he must have been about 14 or so) with some of his friends to the cinema. To show off to his friends, he threw one of the chocolate sweets indiscriminantly across the audience. I went absolutely ballistic with him and dragged him out and b'locked him right and proper, in an attempt to inculcate a sense of empathy.

That did the trick, and he reflected on the error of his ways and (obviously to my knowledge) had never done anything as mindblowingly antisocial again.

Moral - I blame the parents, especially those who fail to correct their child's behaviour!

Why? I was indicating that the thugs were dumb by chucking bangers around. If they were doing it with any thought or intelligence they would use air bombs. I've got a customer blinded by one 40 odd years ago. They should be banned. I didn't mean they should use them against public schoolboy spark.

that's an unusually out of character squirmy response from you Joe !!! But your original comment was a personal attack !!!!!

No it wasn't I've just explained what I meant.

Such a shame Securespark. Failure of imagination and empathy on the part of the thugs. Chorlton had a similar experience this summer during its Beech Road Festival.

Not sure what the solution is really :confused:
Ban the sale of Fireworks to the general public is a start.

:LOL:

Having said that, who is SP actually referring to?

To the only person I have chosen to ignore, Joe 90.

I have not looked at his comments, nor do I wish to, but I bet they are not sympathetic.
I have just read his comment and all I can say is:

"Bloody hell, you must be a clarvoyent"!!!

A while ago, I posted a certain thread in which joe refused to accept that what I said had happened, happened. Many nasty things were said by him, so I decided to put him on my ignore list.

If I have maligned him, I apologise, but history tells me that I doubt he has said anything sympathetic.

You are correct secure. Indeed some of his less than relevant posts on here have been removed ;)

The thread that made me decide to "ignore" him full-time is here:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=140241&start=0

As for the reference to public schoolboy, well, I don't have to defend myself at all.

But if it helps joe understand, my parents were not rich (indeed far, far from it).

The reason I went to a public school is because a distant relative who had died left money on the understanding that it had to be spent solely on my education.

As I was borderline special needs (I was born moderately deaf on both sides, which has got progressively worse and suffered Cerebral Palsy as a result of oxygen starvation due to a severely premature birth (3 months) leading to underdevelopment physically and mentally) they decided to resist my being placed locally in such a school and picked a mainstream boarding school (albeit a public one) as they thought that would in the long term be better for me, ie to grow up around children who were not battling these constraints.

I happen to agree that they made a very difficult decision and, although I don't know how I would have turned out had I gone to a local special-needs school, I happen to think they made the right decision.

I'm surprised you posted that link - it is obvious you were just making it up.

A clean wired together skeleton of a cat under the floorboards? It's just as silly now as it was then. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back