How should I finish my chimneybreast?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have uncovered an old uneven chimneybreast whilst renovating. There will be a log-burning stove exhausting into the c/b. I was thinking of dot & dab fire grade plasterboard onto the bricks and some bonding (bonding used to level the face of the c/b).

Will the adhesive withstand the temperature expansion.? Should I use mechanical fixing as well and if so what? Will skim coat plaster stand the local heat of the stoves flue pipe as it passing through the plasterboard? Have I any other options? I cannot add a facing skin of brick, as this is a first floor room.

Sponsored Links
i would have thought most gypsum based plaster products have a fairly high temperature tolerance, although any severe differences in temperature can be damaging to any product.

a sand/cement/lime based render is usually quite effective in chimney scenarios.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back