How should i get carpet fit to this staircase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I am getting carpet fit at my premises and have hit a hurdle. I have this staircase:

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

Basically I am wondering what on earth is to be done with the first 3 steps where they stick out beyond the string by about an inch. Would nosing look good on here or should carpet be wrapped around.

Furthermore on the side of the landing, would you recommend carpet to be fit on the side to keep a flow. If so how would the carpet be finished since i have nothing it can butt upto as can be seen in this photo:

DSC00010.jpg

Sponsored Links
kilo - check your other post ... I posted my answer in there by mistake :oops:

Hi Matty and Symptoms, once again thanks for your help and contribution guys.

Problem with whipped edge is that as you may not be able to see clearly from the pics the tops of the steps are not the most neatest in the world i.e. they have rough edges etc and not something I can really sand down much.

Furthermore if you look close at the first step or second step if includin the landing, the corner is pretty much broken and not something that can be mended as the first three steps as well as the landing are made from mdf which i now regret doing but too much of a ball ache to rectify now. So again guys, new suggestions :p

Sponsored Links
The last photo of this staircase i.e. the close up of the fillered part is my biggest concern at present, I have no clue how to get the carpet finished here.

no problem with a whipped edge just over the white. The damage and roughness if you can't fix it you will have to live with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back