Carpet stuck to staircase?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help..... I'm in the middle of trying to take the carpet off the staircase in our new home before sanding it down but have hit a problem.
The carpet underneath the nosing of the bottom step is glued and tacked/stapled beyond belief and will not budge.
Has anybody any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I've PULLED, but due to the state of the carpet that was down it's just torn away leaving just the stuck bits behind.

Get a mutli tool with the scraper blade in it. That will get it off. Great bit of kit.
Aldi do cheap ones now and then.
Or get blue bosch one from screwfix for £100. They do loads of jobs like cutting and sanding too so you will use it again and again.

Sponsored Links
To get large staples out I usually use a large screwdriver, drive it under the staple, give it a twist then use pliers to remove the staple. Yes, it bgrs up a good screwdriver but there's no law stating that screwdrivers can only drive screws.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back