How should I plaster over this pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a plastic pupe running up the corner of my living room that is chased into the dot and dab wall, it was almost at the surface at the top and caused a big crack. I’ve repaired the crack for now with toupret filler but I’m wondering if there is a stronger method I can use where it is very close to the surface like in the corner here?

Attachments

• 4DC74B6F-F417-400C-B780-9AF09CDA4905.jpeg
    4DC74B6F-F417-400C-B780-9AF09CDA4905.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 81
Sponsored Links
1. If its a hot water pipe it will expand and contract and split the plasterwork eventually.
2. If it cold water, not a problem.
3. As a crude fix I'd be tempted to put some bubble wrap around the pipe and use plaster / filler over that.
4. If space won't permit 3. above, you'll need to move the pipe in the room above.

1. If its a hot water pipe it will expand and contract and split the plasterwork eventually.
2. If it cold water, not a problem.
3. As a crude fix I'd be tempted to put some bubble wrap around the pipe and use plaster / filler over that.
4. If space won't permit 3. above, you'll need to move the pipe in the room above.
It is a central heating pipe. There is no room to put bubble wrap around it because its so shallow. Is there any compound i could use to fill this that won’t crack? Woodfiller maybe? Pva in the filler? There must be a trick. Moving the pipe would be pretty difficult

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back