How soon after plastering can an electrician second fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Could anybody please advise on the following:

1) How soon after having a new ceiling installed (plasterboard + skim) can an electrician second fix the lights and how soon can they turn the power on?

2) How soon after having chases filled by a plasterer can an electrician second fix the sockets/switches and how soon can they turn the power on?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated?

Sponsored Links
what accessories you fitting, some metals tarnish when in contact with dampish plaster

what accessories you fitting, some metals tarnish when in contact with dampish plaster

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't know for certain, but the electrician is supplying all the fittings so I assume that they will all be basic white plastic.

No particular issue with tarnishing then. Ideally you'd wait until it has properly dried out (gone to a very light pinkish colour) and in a perfect world, untill the decorator has finished

Sponsored Links
Plaster goes hard in a couple of hours so worst case you could rush it then. But it might cause condensation temporarily

I'd be inclined to wait until it was painted before fitting the accessories. But you may have your reasons to do that later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back