How the hell do I get a green CSCS card?

I'd appreciate some info on the Construction Skills Certification Scheme.
My grandson done four years at college doing an Engineering course.

At the end of the course he sat a Health and Safety exam (or equivalent) and passed. The college then told him to apply for his SSCS. He sent off his £30.00 and a form was returned.

The form is in two parts: A & B.

Part A is were the applicant fills in the details and Part B is to be completed by his employer.

My query is; does he have to be employed to get his certificate, or can he send off for it without having employment.

N.B. The 90 days is up at the end of October.

Thanks for any info.

EDIT

The form is in four parts: A, B C & D.

Is it essential that the form is signed by someone other than the applicant?

Sponsored Links
I'd appreciate some info on the Construction Skills Certification Scheme.
My grandson done four years at college doing an Engineering course.

At the end of the course he sat a Health and Safety exam (or equivalent) and passed. The college then told him to apply for his SSCS. He sent off his £30.00 and a form was returned.

The form is in two parts: A & B.

Part A is were the applicant fills in the details and Part B is to be completed by his employer.

My query is; does he have to be employed to get his certificate, or can he send off for it without having employment.

N.B. The 90 days is up at the end of October.

Thanks for any info.

EDIT

The form is in four parts: A, B C & D.

Is it essential that the form is signed by someone other than the applicant?

The CSCS part, as I understand it, is a CDROM based test, on the computer, that takes the best part of 30 minutes...And as posted above questions involve, 'If you want a lift to go to the third floor, which button do you press', strangely many got that wrong? And the answers were not IIV 2 and 1. (Obviously IIV isn't an option). The answer was a simples 1 2 or 3.

makes me sick as a dog the tax payer paying for all this that is the reason where in 48 trillion in the red. why do people expect everything for free.

**** me i paid £ 400 in national insurance last month, an i pay £100 a month private health care because the NHS is useless

what the **** is that about?

why are the workers paying so the bums can sit on there lazy fat arses

Trouble we are in though is ,,, that there is only one vacancy for every five people signing on.
Reality,,, The government can only hope to reduce unemployment by 1/5th.
This is without all of the cuts that are on the way and without the people claiming DLA etc, that the government are trying to get back into work, to reduce the benefit payments.

What to do?? Hmm,,,, Could they create jobs? Should they create jobs? At the end of the day, the last shower bailed the banks out. The banks re-payed them by continuing to pay out bonuses. For what? Employees of the banks lost all the money in the first place, then get rewarded? Doesn't make sense to me.
We now have an ex prime minister making millions per year, yet his wife has to buy and sell things on FleaBay to make even more money. What does this tell you about the man and his family?? Perhaps they are addicted to money. Perhaps he should have changed religion to the Jewish faith.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Rant over ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
makes me sick as a dog the tax payer paying for all this that is the reason where in 48 trillion in the red. why do people expect everything for free.

**** me i paid £ 400 in national insurance last month, an i pay £100 a month private health care because the NHS is useless

why are the workers paying so the bums can sit on there lazy fat a**es

hope the nhs hospital is close to your private one when you have a cardiac arrest... :D

onlyfitidealboilers";p="1802779 said:

why are the workers paying so the bums can sit on there lazy fat a**es[/quote

and impossible to pay that much national insurance...

why are the workers paying so the bums can sit on there lazy fat a**es

jus to make sure.. impossible to pay that much..

Back