How the hell do I get a green CSCS card?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not in education, not working, but want to be able to take labourer jobs.

So because I'm not in education, I need an employers' recommendation to get a green CSCS card, but it seems everywhere I look I need the damn CSCS card to work in the first place.

Irritating catch-22. What can I do?

Would greatly appreciate any useful help possible, thanks a lot if you took the time to read this.

Sponsored Links
i got mine from my local tax office a few years back, it was just a form that i filled in with a passport photo

i got mine from my local tax office a few years back, it was just a form that i filled in with a passport photo

Didn't you need some sort of recommendation? Everywhere I look says I need one.

not at the time i got mine, i needed the card as i was working on a building site on a self employed basis i remember it was quite a quick process.

Sponsored Links
CSCS Card
The CSCS Card shows that the holder is considered to be competent at his or her job, lists any relevant certificate/qualifications and also shows that the holder has passed a health & safety test.

'Why do I need a CSCS card?'
Many contractors and clients insist that all workers on site hold a CSCS card to prove competence in their stated occupation and show that they have relevant health and safety awareness.

'How do I apply for a card? '
The simplest way is to call SkillsDirect on 0844 576 8777 and they will organise everything for you at no extra cost.
Or call the CSCS Helpdesk on 0844 576 8777 and they will send you an application form.

Basically, it is just another daft scheme drawn up by fat tw*ts, to hinder any one genuinely seeking work.

Regards and best of luck in finding a job. oldun ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back