How to access heater fan on an RHD Peugeot 307cc ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The heater fan fuse/resistor package seems to have failed but accessing it is being a problem.

I think that I have removed all the screws and fixings but the right hand side of the cover assembly is still not coming off and I cannot see any more fixings to be removed.

I have watched a few YouTube videos but most of them seem to have no idea how to make a video and many cannot speak clear English. To make a good video you need proper lighting, camera angles and actually show the relevant parts. As well as explaining clearly what is being done. ( Perhaps I am biased having worked for the BBC ! )

And ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
If it’s like most Peugeots of this era you need to remove the glovebox to get the access under the dash - often squeezed behind the air con pipes.
If you follow the plastic ducting upwards after the cabin filter you should see the resistor near the top.
John

I have easily removed the glovebox..

And removed all the visible fixings on the surround. But it is still somehow still attached at the right hand side!

A square resistor pack normally has two locating screws......a round one may have a bayonet turn fixing?
John

Sponsored Links
I have watched a few YouTube videos but most of them seem to have no idea how to make a video and many cannot speak clear English. To make a good video you need proper lighting, camera angles and actually show the relevant parts. As well as explaining clearly what is being done. ( Perhaps I am biased having worked for the BBC ! )

You are a man after my own heart & I have never worked for the Beeb ;)
I go boss-eyed watching the camera randomly waved about & frustrated listening to the narrator seemingly talking into a bucket.
Then I see a monkey-wrench (or even worse, pliers) being used instead of a spanner & I ask myself .. do I really want to take advice from this moron?

I changed a resistor twice in fairly quick succession on a Fiesta once. Apparently if the filter is clogged, that can cause them to go prematurely so don’t forget to check that after you have changed the resistor.

Back