How to adjust heating line params- Intergas Xclusive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now the weather is changing, it feels like I need to adjust the heating line parameters for weather comp on our Intergas Xclusive.

Where the hell are the settings?! I can’t see anything in either standard menu or installer menu. In fact the manual doesn’t mention anything about how to adjust them, only bothering to suggest that the heating line can be adjusted.

I can see an extra 4 params called AD1 - AD4 that are set as 0, 0, 0, 1 respectively but I don’t want to mess unless I know they are the right ones, and how they influence the heating line. I’m guessing they relate to max/min for external and flow temps.

Any ideas? The heating line is at factory default atm.

Sponsored Links
What are you trying to achieve?

Isn't it easier to turn the thermostat down or the heating off?

To be fair it’s questions like that
That make people not fit them in the first place!

They shouldn't really need adjusting, but if you do want to do it all you need to do is adjust P059 to a lower value

Sponsored Links
What are you trying to achieve?
I'm trying to set the heating line for weather compensation so it works within the context of our house and the local environmental factors. From the factory the range of the heating line is too broad.

Isn't it easier to turn the thermostat down or the heating off?
Seriously?! So I run outside every half hour, check the temp, adjust the flow temp of the boiler, rinse, repeat?! The idea of weather-comp (alongside other controls such as smart 'stat, TRV's, etc.) is to manage the load/output of the boiler in line with a number of inputs. The days of simply having on/off switching are gone. It's especially relevant at this time of year, when it is warm in the day but cools off in the evening. As our heating kicks in it can start at a low output level whilst it is warm, and then ramp up as the temp drops into the night. This both manages comfort and energy consumption, whilst stopping the boiler cycling on and off.

To be fair it’s questions like that
That make people not fit them in the first place!
Really?! A simple question how to adjust the temperature settings of a boiler put people off from installing them?

I'm surprised at the slight negativity in the responses to what I thought was a pretty straight forward question.

As the end user, there are only a limited range of settings publicly documented for me - I can see there are at least 2 or 3 other groups of parameters that can be adjusted by people who know what they are. It's not black magic, and as @muggles has mentioned, I'd see this level of configurability as a big plus.

They shouldn't really need adjusting, but if you do want to do it all you need to do is adjust P059 to a lower value
If I only adjust P059, that only brings the Tmax down if I'm understanding it correctly? If I look at the params available for Intergas' other boilers like the Compact HRE for example, there are documented parameters for adjusting the Tmax CH, Tmin CH, Tmax Ext, Tmin Ext to fully control the line.

For our house (old, solid brick, 3 external walls per room, etc.) the curve is too shallow, with a Tmax CH of 80degrees at Tmin Ext of -9degrees. Having lived through an autumn, winter and spring its now clear it needs adjusting (plus I'm stuck at home and running out of things to meddle with!)

I can see that there are a range of other parameters under installer codes 20, 30, etc. but I can't find any documentation on what they are, and as many are highly likely to control aspects of the boiler I don't want to upset, I'm loathe to meddle without seeing the name of the parameters and the range of their values. There are some I can see that look like they might be for the heating line but I'm not certain.

Has anyone got information on the other parameter settings?

Been doing a bit more digging and I can see much more clarity in the manual for the HRE. It lists a range of parameters relating to weather comp:

upload_2020-4-16_11-51-8.png

It's also interesting to compare the MI for the HRE and Xclusive range, as one clearly includes documentation around the weather comp parameters, whilst the other doesn't:

HRE:
upload_2020-4-16_11-52-8.png

Xclusive:
upload_2020-4-16_11-52-18.png

Anyone who knows Intergas - can you confirm if the Xclusive range does include the ability to edit the heat line parameters?

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-16_11-50-35.png
    upload_2020-4-16_11-50-35.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 227
Not an Intergas expert by any means but I think the answer is in the second illustration isn't it? The factory settings differ from the example B so it must be adjustable. Unless you want to alter the line in some other way but that's usually found on the better small commercial and up boilers.

Agreed - that's my thinking too. The Xclusive MI certainly seems to suggest they can be adjusted, just doesn't actually explain how or which parameters!

You need to message TheBaker or pin5.
I would personally disconnect the outside sensor they cause more hassle than there worth..

Actually msg Razor900 (works for them)

Anyone? Had hoped some of the Intergas experts on here might be able to guide me.
Sorry, missed the notification on this thread, but this should help...

P050 adjusts flow temp - set this to the design temp for the system
P051 is the minimum heat line temp for the weather comp curve
P052 is minimum outside temp on the heat curve
P053 is the maximum outside temp on the heat curve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back