How to alter a Panel for skirting profile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased some cheap Ikea bookcases and I need to change them slightly to fit my skirting board profile, The cases have been pre-cut to fit rounded skirting
20160215_105513.jpg
20160215_105521.jpg

As you can see from the second picture my skirting has square profile and is a bit taller.

Can any one suggest how I can cut them out to fit my skirting? I am not sure what tool to use.

Sponsored Links
Ah OK I was worried that it would be difficult to cut into the curve without making it look a mess.

Just do it carefully. You can always chisel/sand a bit more off to get a smooth continuous edge with the existing profile, but you can't add any back on!

Sponsored Links
Just do it carefully. You can always chisel/sand a bit more off to get a smooth continuous edge with the existing profile, but you can't add any back on!

Trouble i have 10 of them to do ;-(

I don't have a router but I might be able to borrow one, if I did how would I do the square cut with a router?

yep plain old(new) hand saw, not a tenon saw the stiffening back on a tenon saw will stop you cutting straight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back