Skirting corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Because of the number of corners I have to negotiate, I am considering using turret posts to install my skirting. Do these have the profile of the skirting cut into them to allow the boards to be slotted in or does the skirting just butt up to them? I cannot find this info anywhere on the web, just pictures of the installed items.

Sponsored Links
Ideally you want the skirting to fit into them, because if not, when the skirting's length shrinks, a gap will open up.

How on earth are the manufacturers going to cater for all of the ten gazillion different skirting profiles on the market?

For example, there are numerous different 5" torus skirting profiles available alone.

P.S. wood shrinks very little along the grain even on ancient timber.

Scribe the internals and mitre the externals. However you will need a good chop saw! :p

My guess is that unless the joints are fully enveloped then it will be a faff using corner blocks in any case.

Sponsored Links
It was only a thought. I have no problem fitting the skirting the conventional way. It was just something a bit different and would maybe speed things up a bit (I've got something like 40 corners to do in one room!)

I've seen them for plastic skirtings but in that instance you buy both corners and skirting boards together, one size one shape.
Just how decorative would you want them? very simple if they were square, not rebated though!...pinenot :)

could you not make up your own detail,
i:e use a square block of timber then stick on a detailed moulding??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back