How to change my electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a built in electric oven which is hardwired in with it's own cooker plug socket but the grill has gone on it and it is starting to look a bit shabby so i thought i would replace it.

The problem i have got is that most of the new ones are plug in. Surely you can't just plug it in to any old socket?

Any advice much appreciated

Sponsored Links
If you buy a single oven, then it is ok on a 13amp plug.
Have you got a double oven?
If you want to replacve a double oven it will be 1200mm tall a single will be 600mm.
Is your built in oven built in to a cabinet or built under a worktop.

Yes it is a single oven, it is built into a cabinet.
I was going to take out the old oven and then replace the old cooker socket with just a standard double socket and then plug the new oven in but just wanted to make sure this would be ok to do.

Thanks for the help it is veyr much appreciated.

Yes what to you say will be ok, some single ovens do not come fitted with a 13amp plug, so just replace disconnect your old oven at the terminals & use the old wiring to connect to the new oven. Ten minute job.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back