How to conduct oneself

I

imamartian

i see my 'criticise the post' thread got deleted.. :rolleyes: no idea why !

But i still think it's important to have a level of respect on this forum... even GD !!!

Here's a few examples of comments made by one poster on one thread on GD:

Isn't it time you grew up?
Are you being intentionally obtuse or what?
Only because you are an idiot.
So says the forum ******.
Use your brain martian.

Not all aimed at me i might add... but nonetheless innappropriate IMO !

Thats why i say we should criticise the post, not the poster?

Sponsored Links
fully agree with your thoughts
to be honest they are usually after a reaction so if i react its in a completly rational way with usually a light hearted but sensible way and let there action be what they are judged on
to be honest i dont take anything personally and dont take offense :D

fully agree with your thoughts
to be honest they are usually after a reaction so if i react its in a completly rational way with usually a light hearted but sensible way and let there action be what they are judged on
to be honest i dont take anything personally and dont take offense :D

Thanks big-all... i agree.... but it;s just how i was brought up. I don't lose any sleep over forum nonsence though :LOL: :LOL:

the way i look at it is some do not mean to or realise how agressive they are coming over
in many areas of life and work you need to be confrontational otherwise your are shat on from a great height
now in a modern society this is becoming less and less but with some old habits die hard :D

Sponsored Links
the way i look at it is some do not mean to or realise how agressive they are coming over
in many areas of life and work you need to be confrontational otherwise your are shat on from a great height
now in a modern society this is becoming less and less but with some old habits die hard :D

Don't agree with that big... i'm a decent bloke, but i happily challenge my bosses if they're unfair, or happily ask for extra discount, or happily stand up to queue jumping etc.... they're 'givens' for me... but i have the other side, which is respect.... but only given when it's earned !!

Being just aggressive is wrong !! and no excuse

the point i am making is some people may lack the finesse for a well reasoned "conversation" :cool:

Got an email today at 15:38 saying that this post "doesn't exist anymore" !!!

does it? ... doesn't it? :eek:

Got an email today at 15:38 saying that this post "doesn't exist anymore" !!!

does it? ... doesn't it? :eek:
that as you know [but may have not thought about :D ;) ]
means someone has made a post you have been notified about but in the mean time has been removed for being spam/abusive/irellivent so nowt there :LOL:

big-all said:

It's also very easy to be aggressive at the end of a phone line where you know you're perfectly safe. You don't even get an instant aggressive response as you might in a live argument. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Sponsored Links
Back