How to connect single electric oven, gas hob and cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to install a single electric oven and a gas hob, the problem i am facing is the electrics. I have new electrical wiring in my house, the sparky who installed the electric in the kitchen has placed a single socket at ceiling height and a single socket below the worktop which will be concealed by the oven. First of all i want to know if i can convert the single socket below the worktop to a double, so i can connect both the gas hob and oven to that socket, secondly the gas hob i am about to purchase which is a baumatic B68SS states that it has to be connected to a 3 A double pole switched fused outlet with 3mm contact gap (what is a 3mm contact gap ?) is it possible to put a 3 A plug on the end of the supplied cable and plug it directly to a socket, also can i do the same to an oven. The other problem is if i want to isolate the electric i will not be able to get to the socket as it will be behind the oven is the anyway i can add a separate fused switch to the double socket and place it somewhere more accessible and finally can i connect a 3 A plug to the cooker hood and plug it into a socket. I would really appreciate any help as this is driving me mad.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back