How to connect TV to the internet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a Logik L39FE12 and wondering how I connect it to for instance watch shows on YouTube and other online things via my phone/laptop/desk top etc?
Here's a pic of the back of it.
I do also have a sky q box.
Thanks all

Attachments

• 16661825186343053719239455012391.jpg
    16661825186343053719239455012391.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 81
Sponsored Links
I'm afraid your TV is not a "Smart" TV.
It will not connect to the internet by itself.
Either use the apps on the SkyQ box, or get a FireTV stick, or Roku box for the full "Smart" TV experience! :)

Thanks, so if I buy a firestick, plug it into the spare HDMI port on my TV it will wirelessley connect to my phone or laptop? And then I just play what I want on my phonr/laptop and it will pay on my TV? Is this right?

You could also use a Chromecast which allows apps on your phone to stream to tv, all require hdmi connection (does your tv have?).
About £20 used, lots around.

Sponsored Links
will wirelessley connect to my phone or laptop? And then I just play what I want on my phonr/laptop and it will pay on my TV? Is this right?
To some extent, it will.
You can 'cast' content from your phone and laptop, but a lot depends on the compatibility of the apps and devices you are using.
Using the inbuilt apps on the firestick is a far slicker experience.

To some extent, it will.
You can 'cast' content from your phone and laptop, but a lot depends on the compatibility of the apps and devices you are using.
Using the inbuilt apps on the firestick is a far slicker experience.
Not come across any app I use that’s incompatible with my Chromecast .

Not come across any app I use that’s incompatible with my Chromecast .
Chromecast is pretty good.
But as the OP is also talking about streaming from laptops and desktop PC's, the experience can vary.

Thanks, so if I buy a firestick, plug it into the spare HDMI port on my TV it will wirelessley connect to my phone or laptop? And then I just play what I want on my phonr/laptop and it will pay on my TV? Is this right?

You can buy a basic Firestick, then if you have wifi available for the Firstick to access - then it can access lots of sources on the Internet such as Youtube, all the catchup services, browsing and lots more. If you don't have broadband and a router with wifi, you can usually set up a wifi hotpot on a phone, for a Firestick to connect to.

The Sky Q box has "Apps" on the main menu. Prime, YouTube, Disney, Netflix etc.

It must be connected to the internet already, just go through the menu to open them and sign up

If you want to play things that are actually stored on a laptop or similar, get a Chromecast, plug it into an HDMI, and cast to it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back