How to cover gap at side of light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I've just replaced two x two gang light switches with a 4 gang light switch and as a result I have an inch or so gap to the side. This gap is mostly filled with a zwave (remote control) dimmer module.

I obviously need to fill over this gap however want to cover the dimmer unit appropriately before applying poly filler or similar over the top.

Can anyone advise an appropriate way of doing his? I've thought of cardboard etc just a small piece to cover the dimmer but not sure how appropriate that is in terms of heat and electrics and cardboard.

Picture here, appreciate any thoughts

Cheers
Noel
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Agreed ideally it would be in the back box however due to space constraints so far I've used the gap at the side to save me having to hack out further depth of masonry.

What I'm asking is whether there's an appropriate way of covering/filling this.

It shouldn't be there.

Firstly because itis outside the safe zone boundary determined by the edge of the light switch itself.

A second, and maybe larger problem, will be when the zwave module needs replacing; and you have already covered, filled, sanded and carefully painted over it………

I suggest that you put a very deep box in the wall so that the zwave dimmer will fit inside the box.

Sponsored Links
And next time, before you take a piccy, make sure you tuck you shirt in, you scruff! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back