How to cut a pipe with limited access?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have to make a couple of cuts in a 22mm pipe run but access is very tight. I have two 22mm pipes next to each other and the top is up against the floor above.

I have tried with a junior hacksaw but I can only get so far into the pipe before I start to foul the pipe adjacent and the floor above. I can move the pipe enough to get a few mm above and around it but not enough for a pipe slice to rotate.

Any tips? Does this kind of tool deal with this
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/45590...Tools/Pipe-Cutters/Ratchet-Tube-Cutter-6-23mm

Sponsored Links
Use a junior hack saw blade and slip sockets if required. Just file out the ridges. 5 mins for end feeds & 20 mins for compressions. That tool will help, but it seems a waste of cash if your only going to use it once.

Scott.

Cheers
What's a slip socket? Problem is I can't keep the hacksaw horizontal due to the pipe adjacent being only a centimetre away

Sponsored Links
Just chisel through the pipe and use a pipeslice to tidy it up when it's been cut, you should get some movement on it then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back