Cutting pipe close to wall

Assuming the pipe is in a cupboard, is it not possible to chip out some of the plaster behind the pipe so that you can get a pipeslice around it?

Yep, i imagine if it came to it i could do that too though i would rather leave that as a last resort. Thanks though. :)

Sponsored Links
Slacken any clips or remove covers and put a claw hammer behind it and pull it out from the wall a bit to get the pipeslice in. If pipeslice is tight to turn, use a pair of grips to turn it. Otherwise just use a junior hacksaw.

Took longer to type this than it would have to cut the pipe :LOL:

The best tool for this job is the Fein multi tool every plumber should have one,its like a get out of jail card

The amount of time it saves on jobs like close pipes cutting floor boards tight to the wall and countless other uses ,even cheap bisch version is excellent

The best tool for this job is the Fein multi tool every plumber should have one,its like a get out of jail card

At between £120 and £250 a pop the OP would be cheaper getting someone in to fit it :LOL:

Good tool though, but i've managed to get through 35 years doing this stuff no problem without one.

Sponsored Links
I have got a gadget on my swiss army knife made just for this problem!

Fair enough amz i use to think the same until i bought one ,time is moneyand how much it saves most of our work is priced not day rate so quicker we can get it done quicker we on to the next and i will buy the right tools if they help to speed up my work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back