Cutting old gas pipe to floor level & sealing

Probably a 3 hr job if he is on the Bus !!.....@ £84 per hr.

Anyone who attends a job to cap a pipe without various cap ends and BI plugs is a fookin Charlatan !!!

Sponsored Links
As said redundant gas pipes should be sealed under floor it should be soldered if copper or with a screwed plug and sealant if iron, never compression or union type fitting.
Expose the pipe by lifting the floor board and explain to your gas safe engineer what wants doing if he does not have to lift a floorboard or anything more than a tea cup and a biscuit it should be a fairly small charge.(y)

My mortgage company, local garage and all my utilities suppliers all graciously accept cups of tea and biscuits and obligingly charge me a small charge also.

Cuckoo!

Sponsored Links
Define "small charge". Can't wait for this :)

Small charge definition; less than a Large charge(y)

Way to pay over the odds, ask BG or a national heating installer!
Best bet, look at the registered gas engineers register for someone that lives local and can pop in on the way home.;)

Interesting question, do you need to be registered to work for profit on redundant gas pipes. (that should get the thread going!)

Ah. A variation of the old "when you have spare time".

If I stop at a job, big or small, I am NOT "on the way home" until that job is finished.

If I do a job in my spare time, it is not "spare" anymore

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back