How to deal with these Creeping buttercup weed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have patches of these buttercup weed in my grass, looks like its trying to taking over my lawn. How to deal with them.?

Thought about spraying the Resolva weed killer using large sprayer or buit-in sprayer.

Will this work..?

Is that going to destroy grass as well..? Any tips please..?
See photos..

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-27 at 7.07.16 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-27 at 7.07.30 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-27 at 7.06.48 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-27 at 7.07.01 PM.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Resolve is glyphosate and it will kill the grass too

Buy a selective lawn weed killer, I believe these days Scott’s Weedol selective weed killer is the common brand for amateur use

selective weed killers are successful on buttercup

We used this one last year and it was literally like magic, everything but the grass died within a month16510986402654930801482644378281.jpg

Wow..Thanks for these inputs on weedol. Need to buy some.
Unfortunately I bought 3 big Resolva cans during winter sales, need to use them in Patio cleaning or something as it kills grass.
I got 2 barren patches after using Resolva last year.

Sponsored Links
this is how area last year Resolva applied looks now!o_Oo_O
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-29 at 8.30.09 PM.jpeg

I shall have to try the weedol. I have just spent the morning teasing out the runners and digging out the roots with a pocket knife.

The tool that @Mike13 refers to, I have always known as a daisy grubber. I just did a quick google and they are available from loads of places; Dobbies, Homebase, Waitrose, dozens of online stores including Ebay & Amazon.

Creeping buttercup isn't especially deep-rooted so should be easy enough to remove without tools.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back