How to dismantle part of the Diverter Valve.

Thanks HeatService.

I am in the process of contacting Ariston to see if the unumbered part is available.

Thank you for your help so far. (y)

Sponsored Links
Usually a 'repair kit for the3 way valve-main flow group valve 998069' is sourced,it has a couple valves inserts,couple diaphragms,seals etc.
https://www.boilerpartscenter.co.uk/repair-kit-for-ariston-573121-998069.bpc

if you just want the un numbered brass part (n) have a look here (you may need to contact the vendors as sometimes they ask for boiler serial numbers and the advertising photos are often incorrect)
https://www.wholesaleboilerparts.co...tead-boiler-diverter-valve-big-nut-3901-p.asp

The parts are made by Giacomini,they fit many Baisi,ideal,ariston,heatline.henrad etc

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Thanks for the advice and info Old&Cold. (y)

I have already replaced parts 362 and 363, so I don't need a repair kit.

The link you mention is for a big nut but it appears that I am after a bush with screws like this.

Trouble is, I can't really see where the leak is actually from. The drips are appearing at the bottom of this part, but it doesn't necassarily mean it it this that has the leaky problem. (n)

Ariston Actuator Bush 996029.png

I have already replaced parts 362 and 363, so I don't need a repair kit.
Repair kits are cheaper than buying individual parts (thou depends where purchased). spindles that pass through tail valves/bush assembles need changing at same time.

Trouble is, I can't really see where the leak is actually from.
The water is leaking either from the un numbered item or 364 it needs dismantling to confirm.If water is leaking from 364 then you need RK509ariston.

The link you mention is for a big nut but it appears that I am after a bush with screws like this.

Tis a similar part,vendors descriptions vary.May be this vendor has big nxx's :cautious:.

Sponsored Links
The two parts already bought are just weeks/days old.

Just can't seem to see where the leak's source is.

I know the spindle on Part 363 is pushed through to the spndle on the diaghram in Part 364.
Should water be passing through as well please? Or is it just a switch type system with no water feed?

The two parts already bought are just weeks/days old.

Just can't seem to see where the leak's source is.

I know the spindle on Part 363 is pushed through to the spndle on the diaghram in Part 364.
Should water be passing through as well please? Or is it just a switch type system with no water feed?
The diverter valve controls your system water to the rads or the plate heat exchanger whereas the water in the diaphragm section (364) is mains water, the two never mix.

If your system pressure is dropping as a result of the leak then the leak is from the diverter valve.

The pressure does drop due to the leak.

So there should be no water coming out of the 'brass bush with screws' (the unumbered part)?

I have managed to take a photo of where the leak is and it shows the water is coming out of one of the thread holes that could contain a tightening screw.....

Does this eliminate certain suggestions please?

Mirror-Image01.jpg

Thank you for all your help so far!

I have taken out the brass bush and taken some images with it's spring valve.
Is there anything untoward with the parts please?

The white plastic tubing/housing that is located in the brass bush, should this be tight fitting around the spindle of the spring valve when it slides into it? There is some side to side movement.

Just wondering if the water is escaping through this plastic sheath?

Brass-Bush-and-Spring03-.jpg
Brass-Bush-and-Spring02-.jpg
Brass-Bush-and-Spring01-.jpg

Being a one parent Daddy of two teenage girls, it's an urgent situation to solve....no hot water!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So it's a case of 'process of illimination'.

I have cleaned the brass bush and around the area it sits in. I then experimented putting some PTFE around the spindle of the spring valve that sits in the brass bush and so far there is little or no leaks! :D

Hopefully I have found the problem. It's the white plastic insert that sits in the brass bush that holds the spindle of the spring valve. Worn over the years, allowing water do push through, under the high pressure.

I will do some more testing then hopefully purchase a new brass bush.

Watch this space!

Thank you to all!! ;);)

Looks llike it what we thought all along but I expected there to be a small O ring, good luck with everything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back