worcster bosch 240 diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help needed if possible please.....
had new diverter valve fitted approx 9 month ago, which is now playing up, should there be any warranty with the part and how do i tell if the part fitted was a pukka worcester part or just a cheaper copy,(price charged for initial repair to boiler i hope was for worcester part) just like to add also that this valve in question was fitted under warranty as the previous valve only lasted 3 days before stopping working.....

thanks

Sponsored Links
no hot domestic water..only when i either have the heating on or shut the flow and return off on the heating.

Sounds like the diaphragm is worn, seems a bit soon though. they can be changed without changing the whole valve, someone has been making some decent money off you if they have been changing the whole DV for that fault. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
There is no requirement to fit a Worcester part specifically unless YOU asked for one ( and paid more ! ).

Diverter valves are available slightly cheaper from the manufacturer of the valve. They are quite suitable being exactly the same part and cost about £100.

Then is a copy part made by "MUT" which looks slightly different. They are a little cheaper.

Then the diverter valve can be repaired with a new internal part. I would charge from £106 for that repair.

Rather than bleat vaguely, why dont you explain exactly what happened and what you paid?

Tony

well basically i'm being told by the same plumber there must be a fault with the boiler for this to keep happening..(first valve only lasted 3 days & then changed again FOC) by the way i was charged £210.00 for the first valve.

i've asked the question if the part is under any kind of warranty but had no reply.( 4 days i've been waiting)

i'm hoping that it is just the diaprhagm... then i may have some thing to go back to him with as it seems that he is not interested in attempting to resolve the issue at all and just leaving me with no real options

any ideas please...looks like the options are as follows

get the same plumber again to find the fault and rectify hoping in might be an issue with the diaphragm or valve that he fitted and have some come back with the warranty.

get some one else to sort and get an impartial job done..problem then being if the valve or diapraghm is faulty then i have no come back with the warranty...i have a good idea where the first plumber got the valve from but don't see the merchants exchanging it.

some guidence would be very much appreciated...just feel i'm being taken for a bit of a ride here...oh still no responce for the plumber as to my options (5 days now)

if he fitted a new diverter valve and the CH system is full of crud then its no wonder the new valve packed in. did he mention how dirty the system was or mention a filter?

could be just the diaphragm as you say, but these are dead easy to change and you might as well have that done when he did the DV.

i can see where youre coming from in that respect but to last 3 days the fisrt valve and it be exchanged under warranty...some one some where would have surely checked the DV if it was crud then that would have been highlighted.

No mention of dirt 1st or 2nd time or regarding a filter.

just doesn't seem willing to take a look and find out what the issue is before jumping to conclusions.

thanks

has an offer of a guy i fish with...turns out he is a plumber, say he can get it sorted and back up and running worst case 60quid even possibly less!!

this probably works out a lot less in the long run getting the original plumber to try and sort.. he could tell me any thing once he has the valve off (if it is that) and put back together while im at work.

not the solution i want not nuch choice really.

Rick

DOes sound like you need a new pair of eyes on it.
It might not be the valve, but something close, eg the switches on the end which may not have been changed WITH the valve.

Or,... he might have just changed the diaphragm and not the whole valve
etc
etc

If you tell him it wasn't X but was Y, he'll claim X was also faulty etc - such is life with old boilers , old cars, old people...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back