how to drain radiator

Sponsored Links
flick off the white cap, beneath is a screw that a rad bleed key fits on to, just put the key on and turn anti clockwise,

flick off the white cap, beneath is a screw that a rad bleed key fits on to, just put the key on and turn anti clockwise,

mine is attached to the trv valve. Do i need to remove the trv cap?

Sponsored Links
if you want to drain just the rad, turn both valves off, if you want to drain the whole system open both rad valves
caution, the trv's wont allways shut off completly, you will know this as you start to drain,(it wont stop running) so you will have to open the valves and drain the full system

Is it possible to drain a full system like this? And if so, one would presume the boiler (hot water) should be off? Although in that case how would the water in the system that is below the radiator be pushed out, if not by the pump on the heating system?

I can't find the drain valve/tap on my system so this would be really useful for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back