How to extend the hose to the washing machine.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just have a new washing machine delivered. I had paid curry's to fit it for me, but they refused once they were in teh house on the grounds that the hose was not long enough.
So I paid someone off the yellow pages to come and do the job. I explained to him that the hose was apparantly an issue.
He apparantly extended the hose by using two different hoses attached together. Well, a few hours after he left, the kitchen flooded. Water came out of the appliance from the hoses at the back.
He has agreed to come and sort the situation out tonight, but I am not sure he knows what he is doing. Is it common to extend the hose by using two hoses? On the one hand, he seemed to know a lot about machines 'cos he offered to buy mine out and sell me one he had reconditioned, but on the other hand........a flooded kitchen! I dont know if I should get him to come back since he has already been paid, or pay someone 70gbp to come and fit it and hope they dont make the same mistake.

Sponsored Links
Could you not have used the hose from the old machine.
If you are putting the machine in a different place, it may be worth having a new copper pipe & valve fitted.
What sort of distance are you talking about.
Did the waste reach?
Lots of questions I know

The washing machine is going to be installed in the exact same place! I am living overseas at the moment so I dont know the intricacies of what is going on, but it looks like the old hose is not long enough for some reason. I wonder if it is 'cos the old machine was an indesit and the new one a Zanussi?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I will look into it. I would prefer a single hose than to join them up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back