How to fill 1" gap between door frame and lintel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys
I will be cutting opening in the garage and fitting personnel doors. It seems I will end up with a 1" gap between the door frame and lintel. Whats the best way to fill it? Simply fill it with mortar or is there a smarter way? I know there are infill panels available but it seems overkill as they're mostly for much larger gaps.
thanks

Sponsored Links
is it wood or plastic frame/door??
would raising the door a bit reduce the gap in a practical way ??
doors between garage and dwelling need a 100mm threshold as a barrier against flammable liquids and fire

It’s metal. Doors are between garage and garden so no need for additional threshold although it’s already about 100mm above ground from the garden side. I could fill the gap with wood planks as I have plenty but door frame is only bolted on the sides so the gap above needs filling only for visual purposes

You could screw your timber to the frame before install, or just foam it.

Sponsored Links
1 inch steel u channel welded on top of door frame, painted same colour as door it should look as if it's part of the original door

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back