How to finish the ends of an edging strip on a curved corner breakfast bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OUr joiner has left us to DIY the edging strips on our new worktops. I have managed ish with the straight egdes but the breakfast bar curves round at each corner so I have a clumsy looking finish on the ends of the edging strip. Can anyone advise what I should do to make this neat, even if I have to start again. I am tired of trawling the internet now to try and find the answer.

Thanks
Miranda

Sponsored Links
Some photos would help a lot in getting correct advice :)

Here is a picture. It's how to get a smooth finish where the strip joins the worktop. Stuff I've read says cut it with a craft know own but it cracks and chips cos it's brittle and it's a lumpyear not smooth finish.

Have tried sanding but how do you do that without sanding the actual worktop and ruining the finish on that.

Attachments

• 1469184741651416669423.jpg
    1469184741651416669423.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 403
Sponsored Links
Oh dear. Looks like a bit of a schoolboy error there! Personally I wouldn't even attempt to run a laminate edging strip round a corner like that because there is simply no way to fair in the end of the strip neatly where it mets the post firmed edge without leaving the core of the edging exposed. Breakfast bars are generally finished by routing the end to a large radius curve which leaves you two angled ends which can be laminated and flush filed successfully. Any chance of a photo of the whole top to see the location and shape so that a suggestion can be made as to how to tackle this?

Needs a fine blade [scalpel] to cut , new blade or it chips. Sanding is done across the edge , never from above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back