How to fit duct for Cooker hood extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have bought a Cooker Hood with facility for outside extraction. The 'plumber' has drilled a 115mm hole in the wall which is about 2m away from the hood. I can get 115mm flexible hose but is it OK to just push that through the hole in the wall and connect it to an outside vent? Another problem is that every external vent I can find is everything except 115mm. I am at a loss as to what to do. Any help or advice (except throwing the cooker hood away) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian :cry:

Sponsored Links
100mm duct or hose, and 100mm vent.
Both of which will fit inside the 115mm hole.

You may need an adaptor for the connection to the hood, some are supplied with them, others not.

Do use rigid duct. The flexible will sag and collect grease and fluff. If you can get a slight downhill slope to outside, so much the better :)

Sponsored Links
Yes, you are quite right. Glad I came back to this forum before ordering flex pipe. Will now go for rigid pipe, not that much more expensive either.

Ta

Brian

Slight problem, I would like to get 115mm ducting but the most common size I have seen is 100mm. Does anyone think it would be a problem going from 115mm at the cooker hood end to 100mm which would then (via a 90 degree elbow) go out to the outside vent.

100mm rigid, will have much less reduction of flow than 115mm flexible - just put packing in the cap. So long as it is sealed, it will be fine.

You can get duct size adapters. Eg
Click me

bear in mind that the fan will be less efficient if you use a smaller outlet than the extractor requires.

Thanks to everyone. I am getting some 150mm rigid pipe, short piece of 100mm pipe, a 90 degree bend and an adapter to go from 150mm to 100mm to go through the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back