How to fix door trim/t-bar in laminate floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First, I'm not sure if this is the right name, I've seen various people call it various names. It's that piece of wood that joins the laminate floor to carpet/vinyl/tiles or to another section of laminate floor. It can have a ramp profile or a T profile which joins two floors of the same height.

My problem is that I find it very hard to fit this trim. The cross-section is that of a T shape and the bottom of the T fits into a plastic groove that is screwed to the floor.

You'll think it's as simple as pushing the T into the groove but it's not. That groove is very very tight and also, you can't see what you are doing so you don't know if the trim is properly aligned.

Even when I hold plastic piece in one hand and trim in the other so I can see what I am doing, it's very hard to fit one in the other.

Any idea how to fit the trim to the floor easily?

Sponsored Links
I always use a non marking white rubber mallet to fit the threshold bar into the plastic groove.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back