how to fix the bath feet to the floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have managed to screw a couple of the bath feet to the floor, however I have no idea about how to get the ones that are nearest the wall attached down. I can reach them (uncomfortably with an outstretched arm) but obviously have no room to push down and screw in the screws.

Is there some sort of tool that I can use for this?

Sponsored Links
Preparation before installing the bath.

Offer up bath in it's final position and mark the screw holes. Remove bath, pilot drill and start the fixing screws in the holes. Replace bath and re-fit screws. Then you should be able to wind them in with minimal effort.

Once I soldered a small nut to the head of a screw that had to go in a particularly awkward corner, and wound it in with a spanner.

Another option might be a screwdriver bit attachment (usually philips hex bit stuck in an 8mm socket) in the ratchet from a 1/4" drive socket set - you can lever down on the ratchet head and drive the screw in a bit at a time.

Sponsored Links
A screwdriver bit of the usual size will work with a 1/4 inch socket - might save having to buy a dedicated bit, if it's just for this job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back