How to get a good deal on a new contract?? Will it work??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to get a new contract with orange as mine has run out, but I want to keep the same number. If I upgrade I can keep the same number but the choice of phones and prices isnt as good. Is there any reason why I cant make my current orange contract pay as you go, then port the number to say O2 pay as you go. Then port it back again on a new orange contract? That way I get a good deal. Does anyone know if the networks allow this kind of thing?? :)

Sponsored Links
yes you can port in or out as many times as you like.

If you want a good deal, look for cashback deals these are the cheapest at the moment. just got one for the missus at about £5 per month (effective cost) cashback of like £300 per year, contract cost £30 per month, they are the best (cheapest) deals at the moment.

You have to be organised, and no good if you are a big phone user, but if 150 mins and 500 texts a month suits you then they are much cheaper than pay as you go.

-Dan

Phone Orange. Ask what they can do.

I am with O2. My contract ran out and wasnt suited to me any more, I was clocking up quite large bills. So I phoned them.

Before: £25/mo, 300 mins, 300 txts,

After: £25/mo, 600 mins, unlim txts, free phone, free home broadband.

I regularly clock up over 1200 txts a month, so this was an excellent deal for me. And the free broadband was the icing on the cake, saves me £17.99 a month. Dont ask, dont get.

Tell them what you want. If you threaten to leave, their no1 priority is to keep your custom.

Thanks guys.. I was looking at one of the contracts in which you get a 'free' laptop. Is this all a big con, is it a better idea to go and get a laptop seperatly and save more money on the phone contract? They always make it look so good, but is it?! I hate phoning these people (orange etc..) takes ages to get through and then you cant understand what theyre saying because there in india... :confused:

Sponsored Links
Always get through to Dearne Valley call centres to O2 - about 5 miles from here ;) They know good customer service - the way to keep customers, not drive them away with babble from Mr Pakeesh in Bangladesh whose phone name is Geoffrey.

Always get through to Dearne Valley call centres to O2 - about 5 miles from here ;) They know good customer service - the way to keep customers, not drive them away with babble from Mr Pakeesh in Bangladesh whose phone name is Geoffrey.

:LOL: :LOL:
Lucky you!! :D

Back