iphone and sim deals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone tell me which mobile phone network/shops sell the iphone and how much they would cost (best prices) also for the best contracts on these phones....

Also if l buy one instead of having it on contract the best sim only deals on monthly deals, as l will also want to have the internet with it....

Would l be able to put my virgin simpicity sim in a iphone and keep the number l have...

Sponsored Links
I would only ever recommend a pay monthy phone. You get a new phone and can change the contract every 18 months (which is a surprisingly short length of time!)

PAYG means having to top up a certain amount at a certain time every month to get a special deal etc. Cant be doing with it - im the least organised person under the sun.

AFAIK, the iphone is only on O2, I am with O2 and find them to be very friendly and helpful (as well as their call centre being just round the corner from my house).

Pop down to your local O2 store, they will have an iphone to play with and they will be able to explain the tarrifs. They do have the facility to sell you the online tarrifs instore, they can call up for you and do it (they pass the phone to you for your authorisation etc)

When the contract is up for renewal, if you find your current tarrif isnt for you, and you have run up some big bills, they will try to better the deal (i got £10 off / month, free home broadband, new phone etc). ;)

I would not recommend any 3rd party resellers such as CPW, P4U etc. I went through CPW/o2 once, and they had my number on calling lists. Being young and naive at the time, i ended up with two insurance policies on the same phone. On asking CPW to remove my number from said lists, they told me i had to write to their head office. :evil: I still got calls from CPW though, to "check that everythings ok". WTF? No it isnt ok, you keep ringing me when im trying to work and have a LIFE! Leave me alone! If everything isnt ok, I'll let you know! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've got a iphone 3GS 32Gb on pay as you go, just because I like to move phones a lot and didn't want to be tied in for 18 or 24months.

Is a bit of a shock when you pay £548.99 for the phone, but I only top up a tenner a month and that gets me 500 free texts (I don't make many calls)

The SIM you get with a pay as you go iphone gives you 12months free internet.

Getting a contract is fine, but it's effectively a loan, and so you do pay interest. If you can afford to buy the phone outright then that's where the sensible money is.
Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
I've got a iphone 3GS 32Gb on pay as you go, £548.99 for the phone, but I only top up a tenner a month and that gets me 500 free texts (I don't make many calls)

Over a year thats £548.99 for the handest and £120 top up, total £668.99 then you have to go into a shop and "buy sum credit"

On contract you can get a free I-phone and take out Orange £34.26 per month giving you 500 free texts and 600 minutes (which will pay for the £10 top up) over 12 months thats £411.12

Am I missing something?
Plus Getting a contract is fine, but it's effectively a loan, and so you do pay interest.
:confused:

if you want just texting and phone calls without all the major stuff....get an asda sim card....thats if your unlocked that is.....8p a minute phone and 4p texts...

And you can ask Virgin for a PAC code. It'll begin VRG. Once you have it, phone the company you want to join and they can transfer your old Virgin number to one of their sim cards.

It might be a good idea to have one ready. You can order them free on-line.

Don't pay for one unless you're desperate!

if you want just texting and phone calls without all the major stuff....get an asda sim card....thats if your unlocked that is.....8p a minute phone and 4p texts...

I swapped from Virgin to Asda (they're on the Voda network) and I have set up internet browsing, picture messaging & e-mail on my handset.

PS. iphone available on O2, Orange and Voda networks now.

Sponsored Links
Back