Good deals on a new mobile?

It's interesting to see your Torygraph opinion says:

"The EU has gradually forced mobile operators to cut lucrative roaming charges in recent years as it has sought to create a single market in the telecoms industry. The fees are due to be abolished entirely in June."

and that their source says:

"Essentially, telecom rules and regulations in the UK are aligned to the European ones so the same rules will probably determine the same treatment.”

Is that what some people call "obeying rules but having no vote in framing them?" Surely the Quitters will be up in arms?

Sponsored Links
Charges aside, why would anyone want to use their phone on holiday? Isn't the idea to get away from it all?

So you haven't got kids Blightymam. Try and take their phones away, and all hell gets let loose. 3's about the cheapest option if you don't want to handle the nuclear fallout. But I was in Cyprus last year, and google maps was a godsend.

Sponsored Links
Things were definitely simpler when the shops were closed on a Sunday. Life was slower, you all sat down to Sunday lunch together, and you chatted, nowadays, you eat in front of the TV, and everyone's got their heads in their phones; but you didn't have big screen TV's or SKY films. We've now got the internet on our phones, and unlimited information to hand, so will we reduce schools soon, as you can wear google glasses, and have everthing at the tip of your nose.

I remember reading a book where the people were living on the moon under domes, and one of them had a transmitter implanted in his brain, and he effectively asked the computer anything he wanted to know. So someone effectively predicted Siri and Echo 40 years ago.

upload_2017-3-17_22-23-42.png

Things were definitely simpler when the shops were closed on a Sunday. Life was slower, you all sat down to Sunday lunch together, and you chatted, nowadays, you eat in front of the TV, and everyone's got their heads in their phones; but you didn't have big screen TV's or SKY films. We've now got the internet on our phones, and unlimited information to hand, so will we reduce schools soon, as you can wear google glasses, and have everthing at the tip of your nose.

I remember reading a book where the people were living on the moon under domes, and one of them had a transmitter implanted in his brain, and he effectively asked the computer anything he wanted to know. So someone effectively predicted Siri and Echo 40 years ago.

Was life slower or just different? I'm a fan of computers and phones etc, but not when people are supposed to be together. Sitting down to Sunday lunch is a nice thing to do as a family, I have happy childhood memories of Sunday lunch bickering and laughing with my family. What's the kids of today going to remember? A photograph of a lunch sat in front of the TV for all their friends to see on facebook?
Seems a shame that there can't be moderation. And no offense to those parents who pay out for their children to use their phones on holiday, but it seems daft. Apart from the cost, it seems a shame for kids to spend a family holiday staring at a screen at any given chance. If kids cause parent's such grief to go without a phone for a couple of weeks a year then a, phones should most definitely be taken away (it's a privilege, not a right) and b, shame on the parents for giving in for ease and rewarding bad ****!

Despite the cost - I quite like my iPhone 7+, though it doesn't fit in a pocket very well and won't go in my top tube pack on my TT bike. I have a 6S too and its also very nice. the 7+ was about 800 quid with a tiny discount from apple and the 6s was about 400. I'd go with the 6s unless you want the phone to be a great camera also.. my wife is a photographer so I don't need a decent phone came, if I need a cam I'll borrow hers

The always on siri feature is very good when driving.

Get our sim free phones from ebay argos shop,ok they are so called refurbished as returns minus the original box,instructions and leads. We consider a mobile a wear item which will wear out or the user will break or lose it.
They also do refurbished tablets,laptops etc,well worth a look.All the items we have purchased have been new and not damaged.
Just add a reasonable sim card only deal and save a few quid

And the realtionship of that to deals on a new mobile would be what, exactly.

This, Dogging.

I ended up buying an iPhone 7 128gb for £550 :eek:

Stupid money for a phone but I liked my 5c and it lasted 3 years so hopefully this one will last longer. I've got glass screen protector on it and slim bumper cover.

I've passed the old one down to one of our kids, it still works on wifi so is basically an iPod.

If your new I-phone lasts 3 years, we'll be on the 10 by then and what features do you think that will have?
How much do you think it costs to make an I-phone out of interest?

i know its not on the same level as this thread
but 3 years ago from talktalk i got a samsung galaxy on a 2 year contract and 3 years on in have only now paid just over £100 total for 100 mins 100 internet thingies and 200 texts a month for three years
i went for a £5 FOR 1 year and £10 second year with a £2.50 upgrade to double but found out i wasnt using anywhere near the origional quota so phoned up and they said they couldnt downgrade but could give a discount back to the origional level but accidentelly gave a 66% reduction so for the rest off the contract have paid between £2.50 a month up to £2.72 now
with the first 2 years on the higher usage levels but this last year on the lower level
as i suspect the phone was more than £100 i am well happy lol

I would guess an iPhone cost about £25 to make and the iPhone 10 will be exactly the same but do 3D recordings.

Sponsored Links
Back