Want a new phone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a contract with '3' which is very good on account that I do without a new phone every 12 months. However, 3 years on my current phone (RAZR V3x) is quite battered.
I'm looking to buy a new one that I can just put my 3g sim into. Should I be looking at phones titled "sim free" or "unlocked" or "pay as u go".
I'm not clued up on the terminology

Regards,

Graham

Sponsored Links
pay as you g and unlocked.

Carphone warehouse phones should all be unlocked.

OR get a PAYG phone from 3

MOST cpw handsets are unlocked, but by no means all. I bought a Virgin handset from them which I subsequently had unlocked, because Virgin insisted it was not one of theirs...

Have a friendly word with the salesman and ask if the handset you want is unlocked and whether it will work on 3. Some handsets don't apparently.

Sponsored Links
i hate CPW,crap company but if youre simply buying a phone then fine.but why not get the sme phone off ebay for less money.

I was thinking about getting the same phone on ebay - just don't know enough how it all works - my current phone has a "3" logo and menus on it

Have a friendly word with the salesman and ask if the handset you want is unlocked and whether it will work on 3. Some handsets don't apparently.
3 don't have an old fassioned GSM network so any handset you want to use on thier network MUST support 3G.

Back