how to get hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like some suggestions please
I have an old cottage with open fires so no need for central heating there is no gas at the property I will be installing an electric shower so then I just need hot water for the sink (kitchen and bathroom) currently I have a hot water cylinder with an immersion heater im not bothered about the tank but I would rather remove it if possible I don’t think its worth oil heating just for hot water so what’s the best thing to do ?
I’m not really bothered about having hot at the bathroom sink as it’s only used for a quick hand wash after using the loo or brushing teeth

Sponsored Links
There are under sink 15 litre electric heated tanks which can supply two different taps.

That would be ideal for your needs!

Tony

Thank you for your quick reply
Can you point me in the right direction maybe with a web link?
I have had a look and some say must use vented taps can you explain please
Many thanks

To allow the water inside to expand some use special taps which are expensive and designed to open when the pressure gets too high.

Others are expected to expand back up the water supply pipe. But in case they dont they have a presure release valve ( PRV ). Those types need a pressure reducing valve if the mains water is higher than the setting of the PRV.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back