How to get permission to live on my land?

Frickin horses on roads - who came up with that idea?
I'm not sure, but they came up with it long before the internal combustion engine was invented. Most of the roads were created for horses (motorways excepted, obviously)

Sponsored Links
My sister bought 63 acres in Rochdale that had a static caravan and planning permission for a bungalow.

She tried to change the name on the planning to her own name and it was withdrawn. 15 years on after building a block wrap around onto the static she has permission to build a modern house with lids of glass. She wanted to build a traditional stone house but wasn't allowed.

I'm going to write a book detailing the sneaky but surefire way to turn £8k per acre of agricultural land into £400k's worth of desireable residential dwelling. I'm hoping to sell it for £500,000 per copy?

Alternatively, if anyone is selling any cheap land then I'm in the market :)

She tried to change the name on the planning to her own name and it was withdrawn. 15 years on after building a block wrap around onto the static she has permission to build a modern house with lids of glass. She wanted to build a traditional stone house but wasn't allowed.

Do they still impose agricultural use ties?

Sponsored Links
Does the business actually need to be viable?

Yes - anything that has the ruse of a fake farm gives the council grounds to enforce. The building must be reasonably necessary for the purposes of agriculture. The definition of agriculture in this context is a business based around agriculture. No agriculture business, means a likely conclusion that the building ins't needed.

OP I suggest you google 'offgrid living' as there are various experts on this.

One area where this lifestyle is more tolerated is Wales and there have been various smallholding projects allowed there under the offgrid umbrella.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back