How to get slate around curved bay on 1930's house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I would like to put small slates around the front curved bays of our traditional semi detached house but just wondered the best way to go about doing it.

At present there is pebble dash around it but i'd like to get rid of this and replace with the slates feature. The curved bays are built from brick.

Do you need a special shaped slate for this or other?

Is it a case of battoning the bay out with timber and then fixing or what other method is used to do this?

I've attached a picture of something similar to what I'm after, however the house in the picture here looks modern. Our house is fairly old and I've seen some other houses in our road of the same age with the slates around the bay.

Advice appreciated

Thank you

Breeze

Sponsored Links
Sound like an expensive 'add-on' < Most are pre made bent and then you have to bend the lath or lath vertically. Stone effect panels may be usefull or abs SLATE EFFECT companies like Decopierre North. etc may help.

You may get the right effect with narrower than standard pieces of slate - say 6". The narrower the slate the smoother the appearance.

Try it with a few slates and see if you get the look you want.

This post may be better placed on the roofing forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back