how to join flexible tap connectors to pipe

Surely after the stopcock the pipework feeds the rest of the house in addition to the sink tap?

Sponsored Links
You'll have had some water in a pipe somewhere in the system that was trapped by an airlock. The airlock's cleared (possibly by someone opening a tap or flushing a toilet elsewhere in the house) and a glug of water has made its way out. It's very unlikely to be an intermittently leaking stopcock.

Surely after the stopcock the pipework feeds the rest of the house in addition to the sink tap?

It does, yes... OK, I simplified my question to try and avoid complicating things. I have a mess of pipework under my sink - I've only lived here 2 years, and I guess it's had the attention of more than one plumber over the years. Here's a pic.

First thing – as you can see, there are two stopcocks. This is because, when I got the plumber out to fit a new one, he gaily (in the old sense of the word) announced “Oh, I haven't got one of those – I’ll just fit another one above it, and you can use it.” So the bottom one serves no function – it’s the top one I’m talking about.

The pipe arrowed green is the one which goes up to the mixer unit – that’s where the water started shooting out.

PS all this pipework has been there for ages - I didn't do any of it!

20191210_111220.jpg

You'll have had some water in a pipe somewhere in the system that was trapped by an airlock. The airlock's cleared (possibly by someone opening a tap or flushing a toilet elsewhere in the house) and a glug of water has made its way out. It's very unlikely to be an intermittently leaking stopcock.

Aaaaahh, now I didn't think of that :cool:

Nobody else in the house, and the rest of my taps are supplied from a cold water tank in the attic, but there is also one direct fed one in the utility room, and I may have used it before this happened… honestly can’t remember, but I guess what you say makes sense – thanks :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back