How to make a coloured bathroom suite look good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all :)

I'm currently trying to get my house ready to sell. Most the rooms are actually ok and just need tidying and some paint. Then there's my bathroom....

We have a kashmir beige Shires bathroom suite, circa 1980. While not exactly beautiful, it's in really good condition considering. We did debate scrapping the whole lot, but since the previous owners bodged everything relating to DIY (eg double layered tiles on three walls), the cost to redo the whole room is way out of our price bracket.

It's not ideal leaving it in and we know we'll have to take a hit on the asking price, but I've been left with the task of making the best of a bad situation with a very limited budget (as we know buyers will simply rip out the whole lot anyway).

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make a brown suite look good. I'd greatly appreciate it! :)

Sponsored Links
Evening viewings and take the lightbulb out :D

I would just give the room a coat of paint redo the silicone around the bath and basin clean taps with descaler to remove any scale give everything a polish put out some posh toiletries and a nice set of towels and leave it at that.

As long as it looks clean and tidy it will not detract that much, a new buyer will think I can live with it for now and do it later.

I would replace it with a white one. It might cost you £500 but you might get £1k or more for the house than you would have done. It will also make it more likely to sell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back