How to make good ceiling after removing down lights?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of redoing the bathroom and wish to remove the existing down lights.

My question is can anybody give me some advice on making good the ceiling?

The ceiling at present has those lovely swirl patterns :)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Is the ceiling already artex when you say the swirl patterns. You can make good the ceiling holes by cutting plasterboard slighty smaller than the hole then put a piece of string through it with a nail on the back end. Dab some bonding or finish plaster on it and pull it back down through the hole and leave to go off. Then you can make it good.

You can buy what they call a artex comb any good builders merchant or diy store should have them.

Sponsored Links
The swirls are done with a "stippling brush/stippler", the ceiling can be patched as S/Slasher says, but you will not patch up the artex pattern itself without it being noticeable. I don't know whether that would bother you or not, but if it did, the best way forward and the quickest would be to PVA the ceiling and plaster/skim it over.

Roughcaster.

Iagree with Roughcaster it would be better to skim the whole ceiling it would be alot easery than trying to make good the artex around the light cut outs.l:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back