how to pressurise worcester 2.8i combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a worcester 2.8i combi boiler. i recently bled my rads and now i need to re- pressurize the boiler, but i cant seem to find the filling loop on it for the mains water connection. the boiler was already installed when i moved in so, got no way of finding out from the installer. i have looked everywhere around the boiler but no sign of a valve or anything1
any ideas??

Sponsored Links
It might be the one you have to shove a "T" shaped thingey in from underneath.

Why do people love to go bleeding radiators? Thats the cause of 20% of boiler faults.

To bleed water out when you dont know how to repressurise it is ................. ( You can fill in the missing word! )

This is particularly so on a Friday evening! Perhaps .............. .............. !

If it needs the "T" thingey they are not available in the shops and have to be borrowed from a friend or a lucky service engineer or ordered from Worcester to arrive in the snail mail a cold week later!

Tony

thanks for the reply tony.
but i thought it would be common practice for an engineer to fit a filling loop!
maybe thats why im not an engineer!
so, where does this T thingy precisely go please?

Some manufacturers think its easier for the boiler installer if they include a filling loop inside the boiler!

The Vaillant one is fine because it only needs a flat bladed screwdriver.

The Worcester one, only on certain models, needs this "T" thingey. This has no obvious use to the average housewife who in the interests of a tidy kitchen usually throws it away!

Just very ocasionally I find it on top of the boiler but its usually been got rid of.

Can you imagine the video clip? Wife opens kitchen drawer, picks up Thingey, looks at it from both sides, sees no use for it, grimaces and throws it in the bin!!!

I could record that and put it on U-tube!

Tony

Sponsored Links
can you explain, where abouts this T thingy goes in relation to the pipework entering the boiler?

if it has a key (can't be bothered to look)

it goes in under the boiler

you turn the key then turn the gray knob

i was at a job a few days ago (forget it ) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

agile said:
The Vaillant one is fine because it only needs a flat bladed screwdriver.

spheres :rolleyes:

where exactly underneath the boiler does it go please, and if i cant find the key, where would i get one?
thanks

Remove the bottom plate and look for a socket ( hole ) a bit to the left of centre perhaps and a grey knob ( I think there is also a black knob to the left as well ).

If it needs the "T" thingey they are not available in the shops and have to be borrowed from a friend or a lucky service engineer or ordered from Worcester to arrive in the snail mail a cold week later!

Tony

Agile said:
To bleed water out when you dont know how to repressurise it is ................. ( You can fill in the missing word! )
...human...?

If it needs the "T" thingey they are not available in the shops...
Tripe - HRP often stock them, and can get hold of them in a couple of days.

Worcester
Worcester ® ?

Hi Nabby,

Just in case you have not deciphered all this...

I have a 28cdi.

Put in the "T" and turn it 90 degrees (this opens the water supply. Undo the gray knob (like a tap) and you weill hear water flowing. Watch the pressure gauge and turn off the water when it is sufficient. dont turn off the knob hard (but hard enough..if that makes sense)

Turn back the "T" and remove, a small amount of water will come out.

From personal experience, check back later to make sure you turned off the gray knob hard enough, otherwise it will drip!!..

Matt :eek: :eek: :eek:

Agile said:
It might be the one you have to shove a "T" shaped thingey in from underneath.
Tony

Just to confuse matters there are TWO different sized thingeys :LOL:

But if you phone Worcester they will send you both with next day delivery for £7 :D
I have the smaller version of the key you can have for free :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back